Having planned your social media schedule you might find that the ideal time to post if actually one of the busiest times of your day or that posting during the day creates an unnecessary stress.
So what can we do about it to keep up a social media presence and reduce the stress levels?
One thing you might want to consider is using a scheduler.
There are a few to choose from and various platforms work better with some than with others but here’s a list of the trusted schedulers available.
Probably the most recognised of the scheduling platforms it can be integrated with all of the main social media platforms,
- 30 free trial
- range of plans from £25/month (paid annually)
- comprehensive analytics of your posts so you can review and replan your strategy based on accurate results
- Create promoted posts
- Built in content library to store your content for easy access
Buffer is the main competitor to hootsuite and the main feature being that it doesn’t integrate with youtube. It’s range of plans have varying functionality and the more advanced plan you have, the more features become available.
- Free forever option
- starter and business plans from £15.month (free trial available)
- Social analytics on all paid plans
Integrating with all of the main sites except Youtube, Social Sprout has quickly become a popular choice of scheduler for small businesses and social media managers.
- 30 day free trial
- integrated analytics and trending tools
- presentation style monthly reporting
Apphi – Instagram only
Instagram has been reluctant to allow schedulers in the past and it is reported that they penalise scheduled content by reducing user visibility, often referred to as a shadowban.
Apphi provides a workaround using its free plan as you can get 10 free scheduled posts but also can plan unlimited posts on the platform, you will then be sent a reminder so that the prepared post can then be posted directly to Instagram via the app.
- Free plan for 10 schedules/month/account
- additional paid plans with varying functions from $10/month
- autodelete function
- first comment posting
- up to 100 Instagram accounts can be used via one app
Points to note
- Facebook and Youtube have their own scheduling facility within the platform.
- Schedulers should not take over from activity on the platform, missing valuable engagements can be detrimental to your account.
- Large teams can lead to expensive plans so be aware of who actually needs to be involved with the social media accounts.
- Free trials should be utilised. Not all platforms are suitable for everyone so you may want to explore the user interface for different platforms before committing to one.